Rolling mill for cold rolling metal sheet like carbon steel, stainless steel, silicon steel, alloy steel, etc.
· Work rolls
· Backup rolls - are intended to provide rigid support required by the working rolls to prevent bending under the rolling load
· Rolling balance system - to ensure that the upper work and back up rolls are maintained in proper position relative to lower rolls
· Roll changing devices - use of an overhead crane and a unit designed to attach to the neck of the roll to be removed from or inserted into the mill.
· Mill protection devices - to ensure that forces applied to the backup roll chocks are not of such a magnitude to fracture the roll necks or damage the mill housing
· Roll cooling and lubrication systems
· Pinions - gears to divide power between the two spindles, rotating them at the same speed but in different directions
· Gearing - to establish desired rolling speed
· Drive motors - rolling narrow foil product to thousands of horsepower
· Electrical controls - constant and variable voltages applied to the motors
· Coilers and uncoilers - to unroll and roll up coils of metal